- I am no gamer.
- I got this for my personal projects using Kubernates (requiring better CPU) and resume my journey of learning Deep Learning (requiring better GPU).
Note: Your mileage may vary depending on your context.
- Better looks with minimalist design that you can take it to office/school without it distracting others during your work.
- Better pricing than its competitors for its specs. It's closest competitor IMHO would be Dell G-series laptop.
- Build quality is sturdy with metal body.
- The keys on the keyboard are top-notch in that I like the touch-and-feel.
- The touch-pad is too good that you would start to hate other laptops for this purpose.
- This is a gaming laptop with brilliant honeycomb venting for quicker heat dissipation. And it works!
- Acer's Aeroblade technology promises better heat dissipation and so far it has been cool enough.
- It supports Dual SSD plus One HDD. I have my Windows OS in SSD and data on HDD. My OS loads in about 5 seconds today with not many softwares installed and added to startup list thus slowing it down.
- Default backlit keyboard with blue light (that can be customized) is pretty comforting to my hands that does a poor job in typing.
- Higher screen refresh rate of 144 hz. This is not of any use to me though, given that I am not a gamer.
- Full HD screen does come to your favor, for it reduces your eye-strain with its crystal clear clarity of smaller fonts instead of tearing it down.
- It has got a killer wifi router supporting superior bandwidth performance. Should come to your rescue when you do screen sharing for your development work.
- The monitor lid is sturdier in comparison to its competitors where the lid might be a bit flimsy shaking. I think it's because of thicker bezels around the screen in this laptop that gives it the desired sturdiness that I wish it has to suit my handling.
- Built-in speaker sound quality is relatively feable and poor.
- Keyboard layout is discomforting when coming from traditional layout experience.
- Power button is positioned as one of the keys in the top right corner, increasing the chances of accidental selection.
- Sharp edges of the metal body, that can tear your skin. You can use it as a weapon of self-defense, when you need it :P
- The Laptop should work on improving the battery span as well. For normal developmental usage like mine it lasts for 3 hours only. This is perhaps a known downside with any gaming laptop :(
- Acer India support could do better. Registering the product for warranty is bit of a hassle in India, at least.