Knowing these stuff will be handy when in need and so do I post them here. If you think of (m)any stuff that should be helpful please do add them/it through comments to this post and I shall add them/it to my list of FAQs sooner.
- How to find the current version of Ruby installed?
$ruby -v or
- How to find the current version of RubyGem installed?
$gem -v or
- How to find the current version of Rails installed?
$rails -v or
- How to find environment information of RubyGems?
- How to update the current version of Rails installed?
$sudo gem update rails
- How to install rails and its dependencies?
$sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies
- How to find the list of plugins installed as part of gem in use?
$gem list --local
- [More to come...]
Books I follow(ed) for Ruby are: